Full yoga classes. Roll out your mat, make your selections, and you are ready to go! Pocket Yoga is like being in an actual yoga studio.
Platforms: iPhone and Android
A Selection of Features:
Some features may differ between platforms and change as new versions become available.
- Choose between different practices, different durations, and different difficulty levels.
- Full yoga classes. A soothing voice will guide you through your entire practice while soothing music plays in the background. You will even get directions on when to inhale and exhale.
- Practice anywhere, anytime. Pocket Yoga does not require network connectivity to work. This means that you can take your practice with you wherever you go.
- Comprehensive pose dictionary. Includes an extensive dictionary of poses that is categorized and easily searchable. Each entry contains pose illustrations showing correct posture and alignment, pose description and benefits, Sanskrit translations and more.
- Choose your environment. Pick from different environments that will inspire you and help you disconnect from your everyday life. Unlock new environments as you progress in your yoga journey.
- AirPlay and TV out support. Watch the practices on your TV. Connect wirelessly through your Apple TV® or with the corresponding AV cables.
I haven’t tried this one yet but I’m definitely intrigued. I’ve played one of the sessions in the background while working and like what I see. I’m a novice to yoga and will use the Pocket Yoga app as my introduction. More to come. If you have any experience with this app, let me know or leave a comment below.
Reviewed: 27 December, 2013